Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday April 30


This is where I show how personal this can be. 
I honestly don't remember how much private info on here. Not name, birthday and social number but, how private, personal, embarrassing this is. I hope to come back to re read all of this from the comfort of of my house, on a laptop with a nice cup of coffee and laugh, cry and be grateful. I know it will happen. I just don't know when. Me being me, I know it will come soon. 

I do remember the neurosurgeon said, if things went perfect, I might walk out of the hospital in 3 days. I am angry those words were ever said. That was a week ago and my goals are not even close to that yet. Did things not go perfect?  It was a surgery done with microscopes around nerves. How could it go perfect?

In lesser to major order of concerns. (I think I want to type this for people that see me in the future are not shocked when they do see me).
Numbness on the bottom of my right foot. Nearly a non issue. Just uncomfortable. 
Major? Paralysis on my left leg below my knee along with weak hips. I can not wiggle any of my left toes, pump my left foot or basically control my left leg. I am in a brace that helps it kind of stay under control along with a lot of physical therapy. 
The worst concern is complete numbness in my waist area. Have you ever sat on the toilet for 4 hours?  Me neither. :-). But if you had, everything goes numb. Everything. I have no feeling or sensation in the "Southern region". That also makes it so that you can not empty yourself out. I have been on plenty of meds and other (cruel) methods to get relief. 
I am thrilled to report I did have a major breakthrough today. 
Now for the next round of meds to kick in for another breakthrough. 
The image below is from one of the best friends in the world. I, texted him and family with the details of the event. I had to share the breakthrough. 
Thanks again to all of my friends and family. 
Like I said before, it is going to be a longer haul than I planned. I will get there. I didn't think of the psychological toll it would take. For example when my darling babies look at me and have so many questions in their eyes. 
That is enough for now. Back to some exercises before I get hauled out for more tests, vitals, meds.,,,
Thanks to everyone.
Work hard. Play harder. Take NOTHING for granted. Love hard. 









No comments:

Post a Comment