Friday, July 21, 2017

July 21, 2017

3 months, 1 day post op.  Time is flying.  So many things have changed.  Some improvements, some unexpected challenges.

My latest challenges are in the bathroom department.  Ever since the trip to the ER, it has been a challenge.  I am pretty sure some things were stretched out during that incident as I am still sore but getting better.  I have changed my diet and trying to get more fruits and veggies.  It is a very frustrating and embarrassing thing to go through not too mention, very uncomfortable.  Having numbness in that area does not help at all.

After the "easy" hike we took last weekend, I got some trekking poles.  My physical therapist had recommended them to me in the past.  I did some reading and found that people felt the same way I did about them.  They are for old people.  That is until you try them.  People rave about them.  I got a pair at Costco.  I have them all set up and ready to go.  We just need to test them out now.  In my reading, many authors said they have many other uses other than walking.  You can use them to move things out of the way like poison ivy.  Smart!  Also they can be used to defend yourself against wildlife.  I don't plan on defending myself against any wildlife thank you very much!  I will give a report after I try them out.

I have been on a lull for any bike rides lately.  I have been doing OK on my walking though.

Once again, thank you for your support and caring.  I have some days that I will gladly talk about it and some days I just don't want to talk about it and really wish this never happened.  I NEED to be grateful that it was not worse.  It is just tough sometimes.  I do know I am blessed.  It is just frustrating.  Thank you for understanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment