Monday, July 17, 2017

July 17th, 2017

"The Beatings will continue until moral improves."

I first saw that saying many many years ago and it had a very negative meaning to me.  I have just adopted that saying though.

When I was released from the hospital, I was told to keep moving.  No matter what.  Exercise.   Move.  Be active.  Normally that is not a problem for me.

Last week I got into a bad "funk" for whatever reason.  I was totally not myself.  I let my exercise slip to the lowest it had been in a long time.  And, I felt like crap!  I started pulling myself back out of my funk Friday.  I was forcing myself to take walks.  Even short ones around the block.  It was my turning point to get out of the funk. 

Saturday was our local "Cruisn' the Couve", a car show/cruise/bitchen cars everywhere event in Vancouver.  We had great friends over for ice cream and then we walked the cruise.  We walked and walked and walked.  It hurt but it was well worth it.  I doubled my normal step count goal.  I felt it in the morning but it was a good pain.

Sunday, Lori found an "easy" hike for us to go on towards Astoria (the Oregon coast).  Lets just say this "easy" hike was grossly mis categorized as easy.  I am not being a wimp here, it was a semi bad ass hike.  The saving grace is that it was only .6 miles.  But it was .6 miles of rocks, roots, damn steep at points, up and down hiking.  I guess in my eyes, if I think "easy", I think of a hike that a parent could take a stroller on.  Am I wrong here? 
I have  bad problem of giving up or not stopping when maybe I should.  Maybe that is a good thing though.  I made the hike into the waterfall.  The pain of the hike was worth the reward of the waterfall.  It was truly awesome once we got there.  The hike out was pretty painful with a lot of stops and breathers and cussing but I made it back out.  After the hike, we stopped at the best pie shop in the NW but that is another story.

All of that to say, it was exactly what I needed.  I need to move.  And move a lot.  It sucks doing it but I feel so much better after that.  Which brings me back to, "The Beatings will continue until moral improves."  The beatings happened and my moral is kicking ass again. 

Have a great week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment