Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Excellent update after meeting with Neurosurgeon.

We just met with the neurosurgeon.  Nothing but good news to share!  So good that I feel like I should update the name of this blog from mgsfight to mgssparringmatch!
He still believe it is one of two types of tumors.  He is more confident that it is one particular one but no matter which it is, the process is the same. It boils down to how easy is it to get out.  They are all different

In a nutshell, he has done this before.  He is confident.  He is leaning towards removing it.  He has asked several other neurosurgeons and the consensus is to remove it.  I think I am in very good hands.

The recovery is different for all people.  It is all up to me and how I do.  I will want to get home to Lori and the kids ASAP so I could not have a better motivation.

The timeline of when this will happen is slightly up in the air.  They are gathering paperwork, it gets sent to insurance, once approved it will be up to his schedule and the neurosurgeon that will be assisting. They made it sound like it would happen in approx a month.

I apologize for having folks worry.  I was pretty down at first.  It was a bumpy start to the roller coaster ride.  I am in a good, flat spot of the ride now.  I assume it will be a nice gentle approach to the end of the ride.  :-)

Thats all for now.  Thanks for all of the positive vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment