Tuesday, March 7, 2017

March 7th

Words of the day:  "Thank you" and "overwhelming".

Thank you to everyone that has reached out.  I appreciate the thoughts, prayers,jokes and everything in between.  No doubt about it, I do have the worlds best friends.

Overwhelming from the reality of, the future is coming.  And fast.  One of my friends wanted to know what was taking so long.  He wants the surgeon to get in there and get to work.  Not so fast grasshopper.  The surgeon needs to do his research and homework on this.  Not to mention, I am not overly eager to be his slab of meat on the table.  
I am torn between wanting to get in and get the ball rolling and dragging my feet.  I dont really have too much of a say in it anyway.  I am going to go off of the guidance of the Dr.  This is his sandbox that I have gotten myself into.  He can build the castle.

It was very interesting coming back home after being gone for a week.  I had a great trip, met a lot of fantastic people that I have only worked with on the phone.  It also was a "get away from reality" trip for me.  As the plane came back into PDX, it kind of hit me.  I am home.  This is where the surgery will happen. This is where shit can go bad.  It can also go very very good and I need to focus on that.  The mind can really mess with a person though with all of the "what if's".  I try to block those out but the find their way back in.

Tonight I have my 3rd and hopefully last MRI for a while.  The Dr wants to confirm there are no tumors in the brain.  He feels confident that there are not any up there.

Tomorrow late morning, I meet with the Dr.  He will have had enough time to call around to his counterparts and discuss the MRI's, procedures, outcomes, recovery....  I think we might even set a date for surgery.  
The last time I met with him, he said I would probably have a CT scan done the day before surgery to implant a small piece of metal in my back that he will use for a reference point.  He said he would do the surgery the following day.  I am not sure if that little piece of metal ever comes out or not.

I hope to have a significant update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment