Friday, June 16, 2017

June 16th

Not too much to update on.  I have good days and I have bad days.  I hope to have more good than bad.  It just comes and goes so often.  I get asked, "what is your pain level?".  I can give an answer but it is different 10 minutes later.  

I have continued with acupuncture.   It is interesting.  It does something.  I wish I could articulate what "something" means.  I think it is better after acupuncture but it is short lived.  I was told to give it 4 sessions. 

I had tested out getting on and off of my bike.  It is difficult to get a dead leg over the top bar but I can do it.  I had ridden around the block 2 different times.  I felt pretty good on my bike.  I discovered that when a person walks (normally), they put 100% of their weight on one foot and then 100% of the weight transitions to the other foot.  But, when riding a bike, you can put as little or as much weight on each foot.  I decided to drive to a pretty flat trail and take a ride.  It was fantastic.  It was 2.5 miles round trip.  Just having the wind in my face was great.  My left leg fell off of the pedal countless times and I tore up the back of my leg with the pedal on at least one occasion but it was worth it.  I had hoped to do another ride but the weather was bad yesterday and I am quickly running out of time today.  Hopefully I will ride next week at least once.

Lastly, a shout out to all of the dads out there.  I hope each and every dad I know, has a fantastic day.  A big thank you to my dad for all that he has done, especially lately with rides to various DR apts and listening to me bitch and complain.  Thanks Dad.  I love you!

Enjoy every little thing.  We have a LOT to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment