Thursday, June 29, 2017

June 29th

I am now over 2 months post op.  It has been a bumpy road but a road that is getting traveled none the less.

I have had a few highlights this week.
I went up to the fire dispatch office I worked at a few years ago and saw some great friends and co workers.  I have missed them.  It was great to see every single person.

I went for a 6.5 mile ride yesterday.  It was great to do that again.  I also came up with a fix for when my foot comes off of the pedal and then the pedal comes around and takes a chunk of meat off of the back of my leg.  I purchased soccer shin guards and wear one backwards so when my foot does fly off and comes around, it just hits the pad.  What a relief that is.

We also had some great friends over for a BBQ last night.  The kids (and adults) had a great time.

My PT is now done.  I think I was capped out at what they were trying to teach me.  Just being out and about and doing things as normal as possible is the best thing for me.

I am still reaping rewards from acupuncture.  I am so glad that it was recommended to me.  It is not a type of medicine that I would have ever thought of.

I have been having a bad day on weekends.  All we can think of is that I am doing too much right before the weekend and I pay for it later.  I will try to not do too much tomorrow and see how the weekend goes. 

Hug someone that you love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment