Thursday, May 18, 2017

May 18th. 28 days post op

I just re read most of my blog that I created while in the hospital.  I tried to fix the spelling errors and the parts that did not make sense.  I remind you, I was HEAVILY medicated and that is the excuse I am sticking with.

I am a little bit surprised at the positive spin I put on it. It was easily the most screwed up thing in my life.  EVER!  I hope no one ever can relate to what I went through.

I am still chatting with the guy I found on Facebook that had the same type of tumor that I had.  It is nice to talk with someone that is farther along in the healing process than I am.  It really helps to hear his story and how things are progressing.

The kids have been super about being careful around my leg. They are the best kids.

I had my first PT and OT appointment last week. In OT, they just put me in a driving simulator to see if I could drive.  It was NOT as cool as I was hoping.  They bought it in 1999 and updated it in 2007.  Any driving video game out there today is more realistic than what they tested me on.
During the practice/warm up part of the simulation, I did run over a cat.  :-)  In the actual test though, I scored a perfect 10 out of 10 and I have the blessing to drive.  I did tell her that I had already driven a few times.  That was off the record of course.  :-)

I am still working on recovery.  Things are going well.  Just slow but I wont complain.  Just 20 some days ago, I couldn't do anything on my own.  Now I can.  Just a heck of a lot slower.

Do me a favor if you read this.  Slow down.  Take things in.  Even the little things like flowers and birds.  Smell the flowers.  Hug your oved one longer than normal.  Kiss your kids more than normal.  But a coffee for a stranger at the coffee shop.  Call (don't text) someone that you have not talked to lately.  Really appreciate everything possible.  This thing we call life can be tricky at times, but it can kick ass also.  Take in the kick ass parts!

Love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment