Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8th 18 days post op.

I am back in the saddle and could not be happier about it.

It has been humbling to have so many people reach out to me and either say they are thinking of me or have been reading this.
In all honesty, it was for me to vent, cry, document....  I do think I did all of those things as well.
I was release Friday afternoon.  Lori and I had some running around to do with all of the things to get.  Crutches and prescriptions.  My normal pharmacy did not have all of my meds.  In fact, they still don't.  I could nearly open a pharmacy of my own with all of the meds I have.
I  had a huge goal of making it to a tball game.  I think the adrenaline took over and I was even on the field.  I was exhausted after 3 innings of standing there but I would not change it for the world!
Later that night, we had a surprise birthday party for Loris Dad, Gary.  I even had a beer.  It was a cheap, bud light, but it was delicious!

I think the blog will be changing direction in a way.  I think I am going to start documenting the recovery.  IE, slight movement in left toes, less pain in leg......  In other words, it is going to be even less exciting to read.  :-)

I cant say enough how grateful I am.  I do have the best family, friends and co workers ever. 

I have started working again.  That gives me a feeling of normalcy.  I have craved normalcy for a long time now.  I was not sure at what capacity I would get it.
I would say I am 75% now.
I use crutches to get around and I think I am doing good at it.  Stairs make me a little nervous but I am getting there.
I will start PT next week and in the interim, I will do PT at home with what I have learned.
I do not know when I will drive into work again.  I am not rushing it but, it is a goal of mine.  I need to figure out where to park first. 

Thank you again to everyone.  Like I said, it was truly humbling.
Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment