Thursday, May 4, 2017

May 4th.

14 days
3 rooms
Countless DR's, Nurses, anesthesiologist, RN's, PT, OT, advocates, 4 ultrasound techs, meal people and people behind the scenes that made this process as smooth as possible.
And I can say, "I am going home tomorrow".

A huge thank you to everyone that stepped up not only for me but Lori and the kids. She went through all of this with me except I had the benefit of being waited on hand and foot. Not only did she take care of absolutely everything at home, work, kids, she also fielded questions about me. Thanks Lori. You are my rock.

Tomorrow morning, I will get one last ultrasound checking for blood clots. I am going to miss the ultrasound people. They were fun.

After that, I get to take a shower. Alone! First time in 15 days. Independance!
Somewhere in there is breakfast. I will have one last PT when Lori is here so they can give her some tips to keep me in line. That or show how easy it is to knock me down. :-)
I hope to have my own personal AFO (ankle foot othosis) device. That means fancy leg brace. That thing is amazing to me. It looks so simple. I had to learn to trust it. Yesterday, pt had me take it off and walk  I did not want to. I have learned to trust it. I did as requested. It was ugly to put it mildly. They wanted me to do that so they could do a write up for justification for insurance since they are crazy expensive. After using it, they are worth the cost. Thanks goodness I have prettt good insurance  and most of not all will be covered for it.
I will also have crutches. No walker or wheelchair needed. If you would have asked me a week ago if if I was going to need a walker, I probably would have said yes.
I am thrilled this part of my journey is wrapping up.
Thanks again for everything.

Love to all. Enjoy everything that is possible.  Especially the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment