Wednesday, May 24, 2017

May 24th

PT is still going well.  Not a whole lot to share there.

Today is approx. day 6 without using crutches.  That is pretty huge.  The PT person wants me to get a trekking pole to help me walk more upright and to help put weight on my left leg.  I do OK if I concentrate on doing that.  It is a memory thing.  She said the longer I walk badly, the more my body will adjust to that and think that is normal.  That is a good reminder to walk more normal.

I had an apt with my Neuro.  The final verdict is it is Astrocytoma Grade 2.  I understood about 1/4 of what he was saying.  I almost told him to stop and speak English.  He referred me to an oncologys/radiologist.  He comes very highly recommended.  Unfortunately, he had a bad bike accident and is in the hospital himself.  That, in an odd way, is a good thing for me.  It will give him plenty of time to read up and come up with a plan for me.  Astrocytoma is a rare tumor so he can read up on it.  We asked my Dr several questions regarding radiation and he kept saying, "that is an excellent question for Dr Meyers".  It could be no radiation, 1 session or several.  We don't know yet.  My apt with him is late June.  I am in no rush anyway.

A friend of mine told me to take blue green algae.  It is to help with low energy.  It tastes exactly as you would think it does.  Gross!  I got the powder form that you put in water.  I cant wait to run out and get tablets next time!

Have an excellent holiday weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment