Monday, April 10, 2017

10 days and counting

The countdown is on.

T minus 10 days and counting.
We had another successful toddler party this weekend.  For those of you that don't know what a toddler party is, think of any excuse at all to have the kids over for a get together.  This one was Easter themed.  Lori hid approx. 50 eggs in the backyard for the kids.  There were about 5 kids that were doing the "hunting".  They all did great.  I have never before seen kids go get eggs, look around to see if any other kids did not have as many as they did and then put their eggs in the other kids basket so it was all fair for everyone.  Once all of the eggs were found, they all came inside and dumped them on the floor.  There was no, "that is mine" or, "I didnt' get as much as you".  All of the kids that came (and their moms) are just great.  We are fortunate that the kids friends are all great kids.

Other than the toddler party, I am still waiting for my HAM radio license from the FCC to be published so that I can transmit on the air.  I still don't really know what I will be transmitting but hey, it is going to be cool! 
I still have a goal/dream to hear the International Space Station (ISS) transmit.  Considering the ISS travels at approx. 7 KM per second or, 17,500 miles per hour, that is pretty incredible.  With that speed, they are only overhead for approx. a 10 minute window that you can hear them.

That's all for now.
Take care.


2 comments:

  1. 10 days until the breakup. Ready to have the talk. Its not me its you. Good Luck my Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where you are going with this Shannon. It is time for us (The tumor and me) to part ways. We simply are not good for each other. I wish you a speedy departure!

    ReplyDelete