Monday, April 24, 2017

April 24 morning

Good morning!
It is a tick past 4 am and all is good. All vitals checked, bed tipped into upright position, meds taken and ready to tackle the day.
Most importantly is that I brushed my teethe and followed that up with some mouthwash!  Hopefully visitors will sit closer now. :-). Speaking of visitors, I can have them. I am NOT asking for any long distance visitors or for anyone that would sit in traffic. If you are in Vancouver and want to swing by to give me a hard time, then please do. No sappy or sad crap allowed.
Back to the update. Since it is o dark thirty, I don't have a lot to say other than I slept well from midnight until 3:30. Now I am Sypathetic to people who have insomnia. That would get old in a hurry.

My mobility is increasing. I can get both legs off of the mattress a few inches.
I can easily wiggle my right toes. There is a move that I call the gas pedal move. Simply push your foot down like you are flooring your gas pedal (not that I would ever do that in real life. Lol). After you push down, you lift in the opposite direction. To have a normal walk I need 10 degrees. Saturday, I was lucky to get to zero degrees. Yesterday I was around 5 degrees. I don't have a number yet this morning but I bet it is more than 5.   My left side is not nearly as far along as the right side. It looks like it has a lot of catching up to do.

Nerve damage or pain is very difficult to explain. I won't get into it very much. Just say it can really really suck.
There is numb, tingly, hot and burning hot that is nearly indescribable. No one wants that burning..
My hot spots on the right side are nearly gone.
The hot spots on my left side are definitely moving around and getting smaller.

I think part why I am awake is that I am so excited to see what today is going to bring.
Sit up? Get to my chair with minimal help, use the walker to scoot, shuffle or walk?  The world is my playground. I am ready to go play!

Once again, I have to say how fortunate I am. Between family, friends, God and everyone at the hospital, I am going to kick ass and be out of here soon.

I have rambled on long enough for this morning.
Go hug a loved one. Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you in the coffee shop. Smile at someone that looks like they could use a smile. Unless it is a pretty girl with an angry looking big boyfriend. Don't smile at her that might not be a good idea. Do something else nice to someone without an angry looking boyfriend.   You get the idea. And lastly, do something for yourself. You need to take care of yourself also.

Have a great day!  I will.

3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful news! From this point on "you" will be in charge instead of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are making progress my friend. Keep the updates coming.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much support behind you! So happy to read this update!

    ReplyDelete