Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 5 post op. April 25th

Day 5 already.
I was awake again at 330 but I might have found out why I am awake at that time each day. My neighbor is in much more pain than I am and is vocal about it.   Luckily it was med time for me so I went back to sleep.

I am starting to get frustrated. Without going into details, some normal things are not happening like they should or are much harder than I anticipated.

Each day I have noticed that I have a new theme, or at least a modified theme.   Today is "nut up big boy if you want to get out of here". I really want to move on to rehab, so I need to put asides the pain, frustration, relearning basics and be thankful.

Today's physical goals are:  get up and into a chair for each meal, take a full shower, hopefully get some types of braces for my left side once I can get some control on my left side, I hope that I can just power through the pain everywhere else. My issue is my left side (leg and foot) either don't work or I think they are doing one thing and they are doing something else.

I need to run for now. Hopefully I will break through some mental and physical barriers today and be that much closer to getting out of here.

Love to all. Sorry if this was a tough read. My phone is not playing nicely on blogger this morning and is making proofing a pain.

2 comments:

  1. Be patient with yourself Mike. Remember you are not going to be traveling in the "fast lane" with the pedal to the metal, you are going to be in the "HOV" lane with lots of passengers to help you in your journey to recovery. Slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there my friend. Slow and steady wins the race its not a sprint to the finish line. You got this some days will be two steps forward and one back. But don't lose hope. There are lots of people pulling for you including me.

    ReplyDelete