Sunday, April 23, 2017

April 23rd evening update

I had a very tough start to the day today. But keep reading, it turns around.

I had mentioned swelling and pain are worst at day 3-4.  That is the truth. Add to that a bad night of sleep and going backwards on mobility and I was pretty cranky.

I had a few wonderful visitors today.   That usually helps.

Around 2 ish, my physical therapy lady came in. I knew it was going to hurt but I need the therapy. Her goal was to get me sitting up with my feet dangling off of the bed.  I was semi doubtful. She is a great coach and doesn't help out until you really try and get stuck. She was going to call it good when I was upright. Not so fast grasshopper!  I wanted to go to the chair and we did it!  It was monumental. Things are turning around and goals are being met. I am so happy right now.
Tomorrow's goal is to walk with a walker. I think it just might happen!  I won't be making laps yet but  a few steps will be huge!
Great to end on a great note.

No comments:

Post a Comment